Friday, January 1, 2016

Goal Setting

Week 1 of 2015 - Ready, Set, Goals!

Okay - this one has taken me a little bit of time to work on.  I have always wanted to set goals for myself, but I seem to get discouraged time and again, because I never seem to achieve them.  However, it looks like Wellness with Kate gave me a few tips that will help me this time!

photo credit
I loved hearing this: A realistic weight loss goal is 10% of your current weight in 6 months. 

So, that is my goal for the first 6 months of this year.  That means that I can realistically lose 17.5 pounds in 6 months.  That is an average of 3 pounds a month.  That sounds totally doable!

How am I going to get there?  Well, I am going with the What? How Much? When? and How Often? model. 

So my overall goal is to lose 17.5 pounds by my birthday in June.  Wow, won't that be a nice present to myself!

So... HOW am I going to get there? To be completely honest with myself here, I am a slug!  At least I am not a couch potato!  I really don't do any exercise.  I have already started on this because I set up a mini goal of getting into the habit of exercise!

What? FitStar Daily Dose and their January Challenge.

I heard about their January Challenge in an email.  It is to do 20 workouts in the month of January.  

How Much10 minutes.  The wonderful thing about FitStar is that you can do something called the Daily Dose.  There is a focus for each time you log in and the workouts are only 9-13 minutes long.  Boy, are they a long 10 minutes!  The focus usually goes something like this: Abs and Arms, then Back, Core and Legs, and keeps going back and forth between upper body and lower body.  I am so thankful that today is my rest day because my underused muscles have been screaming!

When? First thing in the morning!  If I wait until later in the day, when I get home from work, there is a less likely chance that I will actually do it!

How Often? 6 days a week! I started the challenge late (on the 5th) so I don't have a lot of wiggle room, if I want to be able to do 20 workouts this month!

I will also be slowly adding in walks to this month.
  
I want to walk for 2 miles after work for at least 3 days a week. 

Sounds like another Action Plan I just made!  WooHoo!  This is fun and easy...Now I have to put this plan into ACTION!

I will be checking in next week to see how I am doing with this Action Plan!



No comments:

Post a Comment